Thank you for your feedback and hard work!

I appreciate your feedback on the course and experience. It was our first entirely online asynchronous BIT 477/577 Metagenomics module, and I am impressed by all we accomplished. Nevertheless, there is room for improvement.
I am committed to improving the Moodle site to make it more user friendly and organized. I am working with DELTA to develop a virtual checklist and reorganize the Metagenomics course site. I am also using your feedback and analyzing student responses and areas of confusion to enhance the mini-lectures by providing additional details, resources, and in some cases, screencast tutorials. While I intended to offer a short introduction to the topic and pique your interest, I realize I need to include support.

The projects were challenging, and we were pressed for time in the end. I’m working to improve the scheduling and opportunities for revisions and feedback.

Finally, I want you all to know that I realize the self-regulation and time you put in this fall and genuinely appreciate your commitment.

As a result of your efforts, we have updated the BIT Metagenomics website: go.ncsu.edu/bitmetagenomics.

I am proud of what you created and how you could communicate complex topics in creative and engaging ways. These resources will help others in future offerings of the course. If you see any issues with the page or change your privacy settings at any point, send me an email, and I will happily edit.

I am still working on compiling and editing the student notes to encompass critical information that will help you and others. I will update the site and “Meta Book‘ as soon as I can.

Please keep in touch and have a safe and relaxing break!

CG

Thank you for your feedback and ideas
Thank you for your feedback and ideas!